Israeli boy dies from box jellyfish sting on Koh Phangan

Date:

SURAT THANI: A nine-year-old Israeli boy died after being stung by a box jellyfish while playing in the water at a beach on Koh Phangan island on Saturday.

Poonsak Soponpathumrak, the Koh Phangan district chief, reported the incident to governor Wichawut Jinto.

Mr Poonsak said the boy and his family were playing in the water at Hat Rin beach, in front of Seaview Sunrise lodging house at Moo 6 village in tambon Ban Tai, about 5.30pm.

The father heard his son cry for help and run up onto the beach. The boy had red marks on his right arm and legs and became dizzy. The father poured vinegar onto the stings and called Koh Phangan International Hospital. The boy died on the way to the hospital.

Read More…

sunnyd
Author: sunnyd

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Gen. Prawit instructs regional public offices to address problems in their local context

Deputy Prime Minister Gen. Prawit Wongsuwon has conveyed his...

NHSO Gold Cardholders can get free breast cancer examinations

The National Health Security Office (NHSO) has stated that...

Pink Line Monorail to Debut in 2023

The Pink Line monorail in Bangkok is anticipated to...

Businesses in Phuket are bracing for an influx of Chinese tourists

Entrepreneurs on Phuket Island are anticipating the long-awaited return...