Thailand on the road to electric vehicles

Date:

According to Mr Pinai Sirinakor, president of the Federation of Thai Industries Auto Parts Club, electric vehicles are expected to replace ICE vehicles soon, because electric vehicles require only about 15,000 parts to build, as against 30,000 parts for traditional engines.

The club wants to assist the 2,500 or so automotive parts manufacturers used to producing internal combustion engine (ICE) parts to transition to electric vehicle (EV) technology by launching an EV component development plan.

The EV component development plan intends to assist automotive parts manufacturers in adapting their business to this new market. They will be encouraged to improve production efficiency in line with Industry 4.0, which promotes the use of digital technology and data analysis in manufacturing.

The club plans to propose the plan to the new FTI president on 15 February. According to the FTI, auto parts companies in Thailand are original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), supplying products to domestic and global markets.
According to the FTI, auto parts companies in Thailand are original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), supplying products to domestic and global markets, 40% of their products are exported and 60% are sold domestically. Mr Pinai said that up to 80% of the OEMs’ auto parts are sold to global car manufacturers and the remaining 20% are supplied to the aftermarket.

Meanwhile, the auto club’s vice-president and spokesman, Mr Surapong Paisitpatanapong, noted that the rapid growth of EVs was threatening OEMs in the auto parts segment.

Moreover, the National Electric Vehicle Policy Committee in March 2021 announced that the goal is to have electric vehicles account for 50% of locally manufactured vehicles by 2030, while dreaming of making Thailand an EV hub in the region.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Lizzy – Hua Hin’s living icon

I am told my regular readership is blooming, so...

Lawyer Confirms That Vaping Is Prohibited in Thailand

An eminent attorney has warned the public about the...

Thai Employees Gain from Thai-South Korean Labor Agreement

A labor cooperation agreement signed between Thailand and South...

In 2022, Thailand’s Corruption Ranking improves

According to Transparency International's 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index, Thailand's...