Thailand Tourism Festival 2022 has officially kicked off at Lumpini Park in Bangkok, featuring special tourism packages along with food and entertainment options.
The opening ceremony was officiated by Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul. Now in its 40th edition, the festival showcases Thailand’s tourism industry in the New Normal era. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), which organized the event, said the festival boosts confidence among domestic and international tourists.
The theme of this year’s event is “Visit Thailand Year 2022: Amazing New Chapters.” The festival will last until Tuesday (22 Feb). Tourism activities that resemble the experience of visiting different parts of Thailand are being showcased through innovations and technologies.
- Zone Central showcases new landmarks, the beauty of the river, modern architecture under the theme of “Crimson Theme”.
- Zone East under “East at Ease” concept feature well-known regional food such as Moo Chamong, Kao Man Poo, Kao Farm Nong Mon, and many more.
- Zone North present “North Nostalgia” taste the flavor of the north with Thai coffees and chocolate alongside the vintage
- Zone South present “Art of Southern” combining foods, music, and tradition under one banner.
- Zone Northeast with “Isan In Love” showcasing the 5 famous landmarks of the region.
Additionally, the TAT is presenting its new Smart Tourism Platform to help support the government’s COVID Free Event policy. Strict precautionary measures against COVID-19 are well in place, with visitors required to have their temperature screened upon entry. They must also present a vaccination certificate or a negative antigen test result issued within 72 hours before attending the festival.