The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has unveiled the 25 finalists in its highly anticipated ‘Unseen New Chapters’ campaign. This initiative aims to highlight emerging attractions in Thailand’s Northern, Northeastern (Isan), Central, Eastern, and Southern provinces, which have been handpicked by Thai tourists as offering unique and new travel experiences.
According to Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, TAT Governor, the ‘Unseen New Chapters’ campaign will not only generate interest among Thai tourists but also stimulate domestic travel, thereby supporting local communities and boosting the tourism industry. The ultimate goal is to contribute over 880 billion Baht in domestic tourism revenue in 2023.
The voting for the campaign took place from May 22 to June 18, 2023, allowing Thai citizens to participate in the selection process of these new attractions. The voting was conducted through the websites www.tourismthailand.org/unseennewchapters and www.unseennewchapters.com. The 25 finalists were determined based on more than 547,710 votes received and over 1,089,193 website visits.
The selection of attractions was initially narrowed down to 77 tourist spots, with one from each province in Thailand. Expert committees from government agencies and the private sector, including TAT offices nationwide and local tourism entrepreneurs, participated in the selection process. The chosen attractions had to meet specific criteria, such as having a captivating story, being relatively unknown to tourists, possessing a well-managed tourism system, and being easily accessible.
Out of the 25 finalists, 20 were selected based on public votes, while the remaining five were chosen by an expert committee.
The complete list of the 25 finalist attractions in the ‘Unseen New Chapters’ campaign is as follows:
- Manasikarn Dharma Gallery in Saraburi
- Bo Cave on Mount Ibid in Phetchaburi
- Thong Pha Phum’s 3D Tunnel in Kanchanaburi
- Khao Ngu Stone Park’s Phu Pha Rat Viewpoint in Ratchaburi
- Phra Mahathat Chedi Phakdi Prakat of Wat Thang Sai in Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Ko Si Chang in Chon Buri
- Wat Maniwong in Nakhon Nayok
- Wat Hong Thong in Chachoengsao
- Wat Tham Khao Pratun in Rayong
- Khao Shiva Cave (Tham Nam) in Sa Kaeo
- That Yai Waterfall in Phetchabun
- Phasan in Nakhon Sawan
- Wat Phrathat Doi Phra Chan in Lampang
- Wat Phrathat Hariphunchai in Lamphun
- Wat Tham Chetawan in Nan
- Mo Hin Khao in Chaiyaphum
- Phu Bo Bit Forest Park in Loei
- Pha Phaya Kupri Viewpoint in Si Sa Ket
- Ban Prang Nakhon Community in Nakhon Ratchasima
- Wat Phuttha Wanaram (Wat Pa Wang Nam Yen) in Maha Sarakham
- Khao Na Nai Luang Dharma Park in Surat Thani
- Mu Ko Kam in Ranong
- Buddha’s footprint in the sea at Ko Kaeo Phitsadan Monastery in Phuket
- Hin Phap Pha in Nakhon Si Thammarat
- Ko Tarutao in Satun
Further details about each of the 25 finalist attractions can be found on the website www.unseennewchapters.com, available only in the Thai language. Additional information and campaign-related activities can be accessed through the Facebook page Amazing Thailand, the LINE account @unseennewchapters, or by contacting the TAT Contact Center at 1672 Travel Buddy.